This recipe will convert you to a Kale lover!



Carbs...I was foolish to think I could avoid eating them, just cold turkey. Do not underestimate the power they have in your daily routine. After a few frustrating days battling the no carb diet, I decided never to do that again. I rather run an extra mile in the gym than have another hunger tantrum. I refuse to be discouraged so I evolved my diet to suit. I am going to avoid all the processed food but not carbs in the traditional sense.

I am going to avoid alcohol, bread(any flour), white rice, cheese and pasta. Instead, I am going to make pancakes from lentils, red and brown rice, quinoa, couscous, semolina, sago and a lot more new discoveries. 

Saturday was the first happy diet day! I made a delicious Kale sauté with yellow corn and fresh green peas. It tastes fabulous accompanied with brown rice and mint chutney. After trying this recipe I promise you, you will convert!


Ingredients

Baby Kale 500gms
Yellow corn 1/2 cup
Frozen Green Peas 1/2 cup

Red onions half
Elephant Garlic 1 Tbsp
Ginger 1 Tbsp
Almonds Sliced 1/4 cup
Birds Eye Chillies 2
Olive Oil 2 Tbsp

Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Rock Salt to taste



Method
  • Finely chop ginger, garlic, red onions, chilies. In a small Dutch oven add Olive oil and add the ingredients once the oil is just warm. Throughout cooking this recipe keep the Dutch oven only on low heat. This will help avoid over- cooking and charring.
  • Add yellow corn and peas and stir and allow to cook for about 5 mins.
  • Add the Kale and the almonds stir, add a little bit of water and close the lid. Simer for 10mins. Regularly stir the pot to keep it from burning. Sprinkle salt and pepper and serve hot with brown rice.

Warning this recipe contains a lot of delicate ingredients, please keep a sharp eye on the pot while cooking.

It might not look very good but sure does smell and taste great. Enjoy this guilt free tasty Kale recipe! 😋😋

Tags:

Share:

0 comments